It is the handmade artwork that makes life cheerful.
Boy, I haven’t made any card since November which has the most beautiful colors in nature and is also time for gratitude. I happen to have some leisure time today and this is what I made.
1. Text background is by Hero Arts and sentiment is by Winnie & Walter. Die cut is by Memory Box.
2. I combined Masking technique with Pattern-on-Pattern Watercolor Technique. I learned the latter from Watercolor for Card Makers – Intermediate Techniques Class arranged by Online Card Classes but have never practiced until now.
The card is inspired by the following challenges:
1. CAS Mix Up November Challenge – Stamping+Masking+Choice
My choices are watercolor and die cut.
2. CAS Watercolor November Challenge – Text
3. Happy Little Stampers November Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
4. STAMPlorations November Theme Challenge –Stamps & 3 of Anything
I have 3 colors – orange, brown and kraft, and 3 sequins on my card.
5. CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC160, Color Challenge – Orange, Brown and Kraft
6. Outside the Box Challenge #18 – Giving Thanks
7. AAA Cards CAS Game #77 - Thanks/Thanksgiving
8. Addicted to Stamps Challenge 135 - BANNERS/FLAGS/PENNANTS
9. Stamp Ink Paper Challenge 73 - Grateful
10. Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Thanks/Thanksgiving
I’m happy with the result and I'd like to give millions thanks to my life. How about you? Thanks for stopping by and wish you a great day.
Edited on 12/18/2016
I'm excited to find that this card was chosen as the Winner of My Memory Box Challenge #18. Thanks, DT, you made my day.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Lovely fall colours Helen. I have not tried this technique ... but need to check it out ... so cool. Beautiful design, love the text in the background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up!ReplyDelete
I love these masked circles in the pretty fall colors, Helen! I love the added dimension of the text! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!ReplyDelete
Beautiful card, fabulous colours!ReplyDelete
What a beautiful thank you card, Helen. I love the color combination in bold circles, but my favorite is the font on your thanks die. Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week! CrystalReplyDelete
Love those earth tones, perfect for Thanksgiving! The texted stamping over those circle really works, GOOD JOB!ReplyDelete
Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the CAS Mix Up Challenge, xx
I love the circles and sequins you used in this card. So pretty!ReplyDelete
such a pretty card!!! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!ReplyDelete
great card...love how you used the text as part of the bkg.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge. Hope to see you again!
Beautiful!the colors are so warm and inviting.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!ReplyDelete
Lovely colors and cool technique, Helen. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.ReplyDelete
a lovely card in cheerful colours and a lovely design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. MarliesReplyDelete
You really don't get the full effect of your background in the thumbnail, it looks so pretty in close up!ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining us at HLS. :)
Absolute perfection. Thank you so much for participating in the Memory Box November challenge!ReplyDelete
Hi Laura, thanks so much for choosing my card as DT Favorite. I'm thrilled to see my card being highlighted on Memory Box blog. Please advise how to get the winner badge. Thanks.Delete