It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) ATC (Artist Trading Card/Coin) Challenge again. The December Challenge Theme is Bling. For Challenge Rules and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog.
I instantly thought about making a snowing Christmas theme with lots of bling bling might be a good idea. And boy, these ATCs turned out to be quite gorgeous, so shiny and sparkling! My bling is made out of Glitter Ritz (Transparent Micro Fine Glitter), Gold and Silver Embossing Pastes. Hope you like my interpretation. I'd like to thank and credit my artsy friend/mentor, Mandy, for this Mixed Media Tissue Paper Technique which I learnt from her during a Christmas Handmade Card Gathering in mid November.
Thanks for stopping by and wish you a great day ahead.
1. Apply three Acrylic Paints (Ocean, Sky, Lapis) on Gelli Plate and mix well with a brayer.
2. Lay snowflake stencil (Memory Box) on Gelli Plate.
3. Place a tissue paper and press with fingers. The tissue paper will get acrylic paints for the positive snowflake images.
4. Remove the stencil and place another tissue paper. Press with fingers. The tissue paper will get acrylic paints for the negative snowflake images.
5. Place two tissue papers together, one on top of the other.
6. Use bottle caps to apply Gold Metallic Embossing Paste on background tissue paper. Boy, this monochromatic mixed media tissue paper background is beautiful, isn’t it?
7. Cut background tissue paper into ATC size. Apple Silver Metallic Embossing Paste over Falling Snow Stencil on ATC background tissue paper.
8. Apply Be Creative Tape on white cardstock and die cut Country Landscape die (Memory Box) from it. Cover Country Landscape image with Glitter Ritz (Warm Highlight).
9. Assemble the ATC and affix text stickers (Tim Holtz) as shown.
Challenges to Enter
- Simon Says Monday Challenge – Let’s Sparkle
- More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes with Optional White