2023/12/07

Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge – 2023 December Anything Goes

 

Hi Artsy Friends,

It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge again. The Challenge Theme is always Anything Goes.     

I’m kind of sad this time because this is our LAST challenge. I’d like to thank Kylie for hosting several Happy Little Stampers Challenges each month for so many years. I admire her big heart to support and inspire stamping and hand craft world. I just hope someday Kylie will re-host stamping challenges when time is right. I’m gonna miss you so badly, Kylie.  

For Challenge Rules and other DTs’ inspiration artworks, please check out our Challenge Blog. Please join us for the fun. I can’t wait to see your beautiful artwork.

Christmas is coming and I’ve seen more and more Christmas trees and decorations around street corners here in Taipei. I dug out my never-before-used stuff (stencil and die cut) and create this Christmas card. Hope my card is inspirational to you. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.


Card Details
1. Apply Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink over wreath stencil (Altenew) on a card panel. Rotate/shift the stencil a little bit to the right. Apply Evergreen Bough. Rotate/shift the stencil a little bit to the right again. Apply Pine Needles over wreath stencil. The three shades of green make the wreath quite vivid.
2. Die cut Poinsettia (Altenew) using white card stock.
3. Apply Festive Berries and Candied Apple Distress Ink on Poinsettia. Apply Tarnished Brass Distress Stain on center of poinsettia. Assemble Poinsettia as shown.
4. Deboss the wreath background panel to enrich the wreath background texture.
5. Stamp sentiment in black.
6. Assemble the card as shown.

Other Challenges Entered
I chose April's color scheme.     

In this card, the Never-Before-Used-Schtuffs are Altenew Poinsettia die cut set and Wonderful Wreath stencil. 

I was inspired by the pine twigs and Christmas spirits. It’s a delight to enter my card to MHC, hosted by my long-time artsy friend, Rainny. There are lots of stunning artworks created by Taiwanese handmade card/scrapbooking lovers.

4 comments:

  1. Your poinsettia card design is sensational, Helen! The layered poinsettia is perfect and I love the stenciled detail on the leaves and how you added so much interest and dimension with your debossing! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! I've been on break and haven't heard that HLS is closing. Kylie is so inspirational and her challenges have been a huge part of our community. It makes me sad, too. I've had the pleasure of meeting and crafting with her in person and she's every bit as kind and fun as you imagine her to be! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, what a creative holiday card! I love how you used the background stitched die to add texture, and the muted colors give your card such a vintage feel. Thank you for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Die-cember" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming back to share your beautiful card with us. Great poinsettia die cut and love how you embossed the background with the wreath, gives the wreath some texture, and the poinsettia really pops against the white. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Double Trouble and Use Your Stuff, and please come back again for future fun challenges at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 老師好久不見了!再看到您美麗的作品來參加魔力,真是太太太開心了,更感謝你跟大家介紹魔力,愛你喔!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...