Hi Stamping Friends,
I'm so excited to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) Mixed Media Challenge again. February's theme is Tear/Rip.
For details and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Anything mixed media could be linked up to our challenge as long as it follows our theme. Be sure to join for a chance to win $15.
The following are how I made my card.
1. I placed two stencils together (one over the other) on a watercolor paper, then spritzed several distress inks to make my own background paper.
2. I created my own old book pages by stamping three different font texts and one sheet music on parchment papers using archival ink.
3. I tore several pieces of DIY old book pages and clued them to the background paper by Gel Medium.
4. After dry, I applied white embossing paste over lattice stencil.
5. I diecut a sketch heart, added glitters to the heart edge.
6. I cut the stamped sentiment, affixed heart and the glittering edge to the background paper, and assembled the card as shown.
Hope my card is inspirational to you. I also hope we stamping friends are FRIENDS FOREVER. If you like my card, please drop me a note. Thanks for stopping by.
I'm also entering my card into the following challenges:
- Craft Stamper Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge #11 - Anything Goes
- Creative Artiste's Challenge #23 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
- Love to Create Challenge #3 - Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- The Artistic Stamper February's Creative Challenge - Love Hearts
- Dies R Us Challenge #66 - Hearts
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Young at Heart
- More Mixed Media Challenge #12 - Anything Goes Optional Red