It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) Mixed Media Challenge again. The August Challenge Theme is TISSUE PAPER.
For more details and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Anything mixed media could be linked up to our challenge as long as it follows our theme. Be sure to join for a chance to win $20.
Due to my work and family reasons, I’m again handing in my project on a last-minute basis. I must say I don’t like my current messy life. I do hope my condition will improve eventually.
In addition to the Challenge Theme, I got inspirations from Loll’s Tissue Paper Watercoloring & Techniques Tutorial (thanks, Loll) and Tim Holtz’s 12 Tags of 2014- July(thanks, Tim). The following are how I made my tag.
2. Die cut sand dollar, sea horse and trees from watercolor stock. Apply Distress Inks on craft sheet, mist inks water, press die cuts onto the wet inks to get watercolor effects.
3. After the tissue paper is dry, adhere it to a tag. Try to create some winkles when gluing the tissue paper on tag. Oops, I incidentally tore the tissue papers! No worries. I fixed it later on.
5. Heat emboss text (by Simon Says Stamp) in white on black card stock and cut out. Adhere as shown. I then found an undesirable empty space among sand dollar and sea horse.
6. To remedy it, die cut another sand dollar and cut out the sea star. Color the sea star by Distress Ink.
7. Assemble the tag as shown on top.
Challenges to enter:
- Craft Stamper, Take It Make It August Challenge – Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
- Use Your Stuff Challenge #274 - Inspired by a quote
- Country View August Challenges - Blues & Greens
- Creative Artiste Challenge #29 – Anything Mixed Media Goes
- The Artistic Stamper August Challenge – Anything Goes
- Love to Create Challenge #16- Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- Stamping Sensations August Challenge - Anything Goes
- That's Crafty Challenge - Anything but Cards Challenge
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge # 16 – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #07 – Anything Goes