Hi Stamping Friends,
It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) Mixed Media Challenge again. The August Challenge Theme is WORDS.
For more details and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Anything mixed media could be linked up to our challenge as long as it follows our theme. Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!
The following are how I made my tag.
1. Stamp text collage background (by Hero Arts) in black on tag and cover with a thin layer of gesso.
2. Scribble Distress Crayons (Candied Apple, Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch) randomly on tag and with baby wipes to spread the colors.
3. Use baby wipes to remove some of the colors through various stencils (Tim Holtz).
4. Overstamp another text background (Tim Holtz) to further emphasize the theme – WORDS.
5. Apply embossing paste over stencil (Tim Holtz). Edge the tag with Distress Crayon (Walnut Stain) and Distress Paint (Antique Bronze).
6. Dry emboss a stencil (The Crafters Workshop) on a gold cardstock, apply Distress Paint (Black Soot) then smudge with baby wipe to create a Faux Metal sheet with an antique and grungy metal look.
7. Die cut a butterfly (Tim Holtz) from the Faux Metal.
8. Distress gold card with Distress Paint (Black Soot) with baby wipe. After dry, die cut various gearheads (Tim Holtz).
9. Stamp sentiments (Altenew).
10. Assemble tag as shown.
I must confess that industrial or grungy style is not something I’m familiar with. Before I started, I had little idea how and what I wanted to make. I’m glad that I gave it a try. If I had planned ahead, I may have skipped step 3, I guess.
Hope this feminine industrial/grungy tag is eye-pleasing to you. Please drop me a note if you like it. Thanks for stopping by and wish you a great day.
Challenges to Enter
- Stamps and Stencils August Challenge- Industrial/Grungy
- Butterfly Challenge #105 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with the Letter F
I used butterfly, 3 colors and 1 theme -Frame it (metallic bronze borders are my frame.
- More Mixed Media Challenge – Anything Goes with Optional Brights
- We Love 2 Create Challenge #11 - Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- Craft Stamper, Take It Make It August Challenge – Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
- Rhedds’ Creative Spirit August Challenge - Mixed Media, Altered or Upcycled