Hi Stamping Friends,
It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) Mixed Media Challenge again. The February Challenge Theme is VINTAGE.
For more details and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Anything mixed media could be linked up to our challenge as long as it follows our theme.
Starting from 2019, I decided to challenge myself to create art journal pages as my DT artworks for HLS MM Challenge. This is my second try. For me, VINTAGE is something with lots of dark colors like black and brown, some classic patterns like flourish, latticework and mosaic, some shining looks like gold metal, and some symbols like Fleur-de-lis and key. This is what and how I came up with.
Art Journal Details
1. Stamp text backgrounds (Tim Holtz) in black and apply several Distress Inks on page.
2. Apply Distress Oxide Ink Black Soot over Stencil on border of page.
3. Apply Distress Oxide Ripe Persimmon over Mosaic stencil (sorry I forgot to include these on photo), Gathered Twig over Silhouette Woman mask, Candied Apple over Sunburst stencil on page.
4. Apply Pearlescent Embossing Paste over Flourish stencil on two opposite corners on page and let dry.
5. Die cut hearts on red cardstock and cover with clear Wink of Stella. Adhere several Small Talk (
Tim Holtz) stickers on page.
6. Stamp key and Fleur-de-lis (by Tim Holtz) with VersaMark and heat emboss in Gold. Voila!
The following are some closeups.
Challenges to Enter
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge- Add Some Red
- A Vintage Journey February Challenge - Your Hearts Desire Challenge
- More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes with optional Red
- STAMPlorations Mixed Media February Challenge – Anything Mixed Media Goes
- We Love 2 Create Challenge #2 - Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- Love to Craft Challenge LTCCB #31 - February Anything Goes
- Craft Stamper, Take It, Make It February Challenge – Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
- A Inky Mess CHALLENGE 27 Theme - Anything Mixed media Goes
- Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge #46
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge TTCRD Anything Goes Challenge for the week of February 5, 2019