2020/04/07

Be You

Edited on 5/9/2020
I'm thrilled that this set of ATCs was chosen as a Top 3 by Crafter’s Castle Challenge #28. Thanks, DT. You certainly made my day.

Hi Artsy Friends,
I hope you’re doing well under prevailing Coronavirus situation. Are you staying home to save the world or continue working/living as usual?


Anyway, it’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) ATC (Artist Trading Card/Coin) Challenge again. The April Challenge Theme is Make Your Own Background. For Challenge Rules and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog.

For me this theme is like Anything Goes and the possibilities are endless. To try something new, I challenged myself to use Distress Oxide Sprays which I bought last year and have not even opened yet. The following is how I made my set of ATCs using Distress Oxide Spray Resist Technique inspired by Jennifer McGuire.

Hope these ATCs are eye-pleasing to you. Thanks for stopping by. Wish you and your loved ones stay healthy during Coronavirus difficult time.


ATC Details
1. Stamp three cosmos flowers with VersaMark and heat embossed in clear on burgundy ATC panels.


2. Spray Distress Oxide Sprays (Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar)randomly on ATC panels and heat set.


3. Sprinkle Distress Oxide Spray (Squeezed Lemonade) randomly to add depth.


4. Stamp flower centers and heat embossed in gold. Cover ATC panel borders by VersaMark pen and heat embossed ATC panel borders in gold.


5. Glue text tissue paper and cover all ATC panel with Matte Medium. Surprisingly all colors become vivid and bright.


6. Attach ATC panel to ATC base. Voila!

 
Challenges to Enter

7 comments:

  1. Wow love that background, I haven't ventured into sprays, (dylusions sprays I don't use) I love Jennifer's tutorials she makes things look so easy. Love your ATCs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ATCs Helen!
    You did a wonderful job on your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the black flowers with your amazing background! These turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are amazing! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the step by step directions! Thank you for joining the current challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so pretty. I need to get some Oxide sprays :-) Thanks for sharing with us at MIU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation! Wonderful technique.
    Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...