2021/07/10

Peace & Joy (White Ink over Embossing Folder)

Edited on 7/19/2021

I’m so glad that this card was featured by Little Red Wagon Challenge. Thanks, DTs. 


Hi Artsy Friends,

I’ve never made Christmas Cards in July. Our temperature here in Taiwan is around 35 degrees in Celsius during the day time.  Nevertheless, with so many Christmas in July Challenges around, I thought I’d give it a try. Hope my card is eye-pleasing to you. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Card Details,

1. Apply white ink on the raised portion of one side of the folder, placing a (burgundy) card stock, then run through a die cut machine.

2. Splash Distress Spray Stain (Ranger, Tim Holtz, Picket Fence) on dry embossed panel. 

3. Heat emboss the sentiment in black on a white scrap.

4. Assemble the card as shown.

5. Poinsettia embossing folder and sentiment stamp are by Altenew.

I’m entering my card to the following Challenges.

Challenges Entered


10 comments:

  1. What a great idea to ink up the embossing folder before embossing! Love how it turned out!! A really beautiful holiday card!

    So glad you decided to join in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about "Christmas in July" (or anything crafty goes). It's usually hot and humid here in the US too this time of the year, although a bit strange weather this year with currently only 20 degrees Celsius and rain. I always get stressed out at Christmas time and it helps me be more organized when I start sooner.
    Thanks so much for linking up with me this month! Hope you stop by again soon!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful effect with the white ink on burgundy :) Thanks for joinign us at CAS Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Helen, so stylish! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Helen, fabulous technique and great results, love it.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely background embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely background and such a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poinsettia card Helen! Unfortunately, the design is not CAS, which requires some open space. Hope you'll play along again with us in the future with a CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loll, thanks for the note. I did understand the requirement of CAS. Yet I was quite confused by DT artworks of Christine and Hideko posted on Jul 3 challenge post. Both cards have little or nil white space. So I thought a large space of Red could be considered as white space for a Christmas card. LOL.

      Delete
  8. You did a beautiful job! I love the technique you used too! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at TaylorMadeCards4U this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    TaylorMadeCards4U
    taylormadecards4u.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous embossed background. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...