2014/03/01

Happy Retirement


I made this card for a senior who is going to retire very soon from my bank!

I am also entering this card to the following challenges:


2.Moxie Fab World: Happy for Hexagons Challenge


   In terms of style, I think my card would fall in the category of Classy and Elegant as my card has shiny finish, rich color scheme, and layered textures.
 
Card Details
 
1.Background stamp is by Hero Arts and text stamp is by Stampin’ Up.

2.Stencils (both the hexagon and the flower) are by The Crafter’s Workshop.


3.A thin coat of gesso was applied over the stamped background to create a shabby chic look. Gold Embossing Paste was spread over the flower stencil to get the embossed gold flower.


After the Chinese Lunar New Year, I have been so busy that I haven’t got time to enter any challenges! I am so glad that I managed to made this card not only for a senior but also entered some challenges!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the background is really eye catching and the pop of gold texture paste is fabulous. Lovely clean design too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love how you used your stencils. The colors and composition are wonderful. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen such a pretty background. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Helen! Your card came after mine at The Card Concept. I was drawn to the gold embossing paste on your card -- definitely classy! I'm a one layer card kind of girl so your card makes me happy - awesome to create all those lovely textures and dimensions on just one layer. Love it! And I'm glad to "meet" you!

    Hugs,
    Shery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Helen! I love the background and that stencilled image! Lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful technique! Very pretty card 0 so elegant! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen, this card is so beautiful! I love the fabulous patterns and color combo you created. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Your card is so beautiful with the stenciling....something I have not attempted! The gold is lovely! I will be sure to stop by often to check out your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your unique and artsy card, Helen! You really incorporated all of the elements of these challenges perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen!
    Sure love your card! You such a beautiful card making style!

    By the way, thanks for linking your card up to the Moxie Fab World Happy for Hexagons challenge!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...