2019/03/23

Choose Joy

Edited on 4/4/2019
Boy, I am so thrilled that this card won the following awards.
This indeed is triple happiness!

Hi Artsy Friends,

I’m happy to squeeze time out of my overwhelming busy schedule to make this CAS card. And, I’m also happy that I dug out some of my favorite old stencil, die, and text stamp for this card.

Spring is coming here in Taiwan with lots of flowers blooming. I hope this card is eye-pleasing to you. Thanks for stopping by and wish you a great day.

Card Details
1. Flower stencil is by Hero Arts, die is by Memory Box and text is by Papertrey Inks.

2. Background technique is Ghosting or so-called Water Stenciling.

3. The entire background panel is covered with Clear Wink of Stella. The sparkling effect is really pretty.

Challenges to Enter

  
 
My card uses Centre Step + Cerise/Circles + Butterfly, e.g. Theme +  Colour +  Butterfly
I love using dies and stencils in my cards. If I can only choose one, I would choose stencils because they help to create awesome background, depth and textures easily, and they are generally inexpensive.

13 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at how striking good, simple designs can be. This is no exception. The addition of the die cuts (or punches) just adds interest to a beautifully 'ghosted' panel and the words are wonderful. A great card :-)
    Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab .... great colours, beautiful CAS design and I love the ghosting in the background. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil and the Craft Stamper challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card! WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgoeus card Helen. Love your beautiful and bold colours of your blended background with the ghosted flowers. So pretty with the butterflies and sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the mix of colors you used on your ghosted stenciling Helen! The butterflies are so pretty die cut out of the panel! thanks for joining us at CAS Stencil! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background colors for your ghosted stenciled flowers, Helen. I love how you die cut your butterflies for a border and with the white CS showing thru. Sweet sentiment for your beautiful card too. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the beautiful sparkle on your card. The background looks very pretty and the fluttering butterflies make a prety finish . Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Helen, love the colour combination and that you die cut the row of butterflies from it, really lovely.... thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil this month, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at Try It On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful background. so zingy! thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the card! The colours pop, the butterflies are perfect and the stenciling on the background is amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card, thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ghosting technique - I have not tried that yet. Beautiful, bright colors!

    Thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge for March!

    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...