2021/04/07

Hello- Stenciling with Embossing Paste and Alcohol Inks

 


Hi Artsy Friend,

It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers StencilChallenge again. The April Challenge Theme is once again Anything Goes.     

No matter if your project style is CAS, Mixed Media, …, as long as it involves stencils, you’re welcomed to join. For Challenge Rules and other DT’s inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. The Theme has endless possibilities, so please do join us for the fun.


This month I challenged myself to use a black card base which I rarely did. It’s also the first time I tried adding alcohol inks to embossing paste, thanks to the inspirations from Stunningly Styled Stencils online class of Altenew Academy.  I kind of like how it turns out. The following is how I made my card. Hope it’s eye-pleasing to you as well. Thanks for stopping by.

Card Details

1. Apply White Embossing Paste over stencil on a black card base. 

2. When done, drop Ranger Alcohol Inks (Wild Plum, Aqua, Meadow) randomly on Embossing Paste, then use an art knife to spread out the colors.

3. Let dry. Clean stencil and art knife immediately.

4. Die cut text on white card stock three times. Stack them together to create depth.

5. Adhere text and some sequins on black card base. Mount it to a white card. Voila! 

*stencil, text die, and embossing paste are by Altenew.


Challenges to Enter

My take is nothing to do with the bird. I was  inspired by the color scheme.
The never-before-used schtull items in this card are stencil and text die.

8 comments:

  1. Love this card, great colours. Thank you for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is outstanding! You absolutely rocked out using a stencil on black~ well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your card on Altenew site. This is fabulous! Who thought of using alcohol inks with embossing paste... turned out brilliant. And I love this stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, Helen! I have read your post three times because I'm mesmerized by how you accomplished those beautiful colors. Thank you for the details; I can't wait to try this! And thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..Helen...Love your stenciling with paste over black paper and then adding drops of alcohol ink...that was the Wow step!!! I would love to try your technique. TFS and joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a must try technique for me. . For sure will try it soon. . Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking and beautiful, Helen! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Altenew Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...