2023/03/07

Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge – 2023 March Anything Goes

 


Hi Artsy Friends,

I’m so excited that Happy Little Stampers resumes all its challenges starting from March. Here is Stencil Challenge and the Challenge Theme is always Anything Goes.     


It’s super easy and all you need is kick starting your creativity and share with us. For Challenge Rules and other DTs’ inspiration artworks, please check out our Challenge Blog. Please join us for the fun. I can’t wait to see your beautiful artwork.


I made this card for a subordinate who’s like a grandpa in my office. In my country, the official retirement age is 65 and he’s reaching it this month.

Making masculine cards is a challenge to me because I’m too feminine. Hope this card is qualified and inspirational to you. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Card Details

1. Die cut a stitched card panel. Apply 3 shades of Distress Oxide Inks via Leaf Wreath stencil (Simon Says Stamp) on a white card panel. When done, place Grid stencil (Altenew) over the Leaf Wreath Stencil and re-apply Distress Oxide Inks.

2. Remove the stencils to see the grid-patterned leaves.

3. Repeat the previous process on the bottom part of the card panel.


4. Altogether I used 6 shades of Distress Oxide Inks.


5. Apply Distress Oxide Ink (Walnut Stain) over Leaf Vein Stencil (Simon Says Stamp).

6. Stamp sentiment (Stampin’ Up, retired) in black.

7. Run the card panel with Cross Stitch Canvas die through Die Cut Machine to increase the visual depth.

8. Die cut sentiment (Simon Says Stamp) with 3 layers of black card scrap. Die cut the sentiment shadow (Simon Says Stamp) with vellum and assemble.

9. Mound the card panel to a green card panel, attach die cut sentiment to card panel and mount to a folded card (5.5 x 6 inches).





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. I love the stenciling on the die-cuts.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...