2021/06/18

Long Distance Hug

Edited on 6/24/2021

I'm excited that this card was chosen as a Top Three by Creative Moments Challenge #216. Thanks, DTs.  


Hi Artsy Friends,

Watercolor is not something I’m good at but I challenged myself to dig out my Zig Watercolor Markers to make this card. Boy, it turns out not bad. 

I actually love what I made, thanks to several challenge inspirations.  I’m sending my long distance hug to all of you, crafty friends. Thanks for stopping by and wish you a great day ahead.


Card details,

All stamps are by Simon Says Stamp. Stencil is by Andy Skinner.


I’d like to enter my card to the following challenges:

Challenges to Enter

I have 5 elements, i.e. Periwinkle/Peach/Plum/Pairs + Butterfly.

I love butterflies. I love challenging myself to practice something I’m not good at. I love playing mixed media in a CAS style. I love Stamping Sensation Challenge.

I chose Friendship, any color and sentiment.

I was inspired by the butterfly and the color blue in the photo.

Rule of Three for eye pleasure. In my card there are 3 sequins, 2 butterflies clustered with one circle sentiment stamp. 


 

10 comments:

  1. Pretty coloured butterflies on this lovely card Helen. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love your colouring of the butterflies. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out beautifully Helen, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations June challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful make hun, I think you need to use these markers more often!

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Happy Little Stampers Watercolour' this month
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, Wow! great take on the watercolored design.. you definitely should watercolor more. The things we can do when we come out of our comfort zone. So happy you shared your beautiful butterflies with us this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design, love the butterflies with the swirly background. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very successful outcome Helen with such a pretty card. Thanks sharing on our Insects/Butterflies challenge at the Crafters Cafe, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful and sincere card. Thanks for joining us at MIUCB
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not too bad!!!!? This looks terrific. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Sorry for delay in commnenting due to illness in family. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...