2022/07/07

The Joy is in the Journey – Simple Stenciling


Edited on 9/4/2022

I’m so glad this card was chosen as a TOP ROCKER JULY 2022 WEEK THREE: ENTRY #106 - ENTRY #163 by 613 Avenue Create CHALLENGE

Edited on 10/16/2022

I’m so surprised to find that this card was chosen as a Top 3by Country View Challenge July Challenge – Travel. It's indeed double happiness.

Hi Artsy Friends,

It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge again. The July Challenge Theme remains to be Anything Goes.     

For Challenge Rules and other DT’s inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Please join us for the fun. I can’t wait to see what you have come up with. 

It’s summer now and I can’t help dreaming about travelling. The Pandemic has been around for too long (more than 2 years). Here in Taiwan, people still wear masks when going out, making travelling somewhat inconvenient. Yet travelling always brings me joy, just even to think about it.

For my DT artwork, I decided to make a travel-themed card as my virtual trip. Ha! As a city person, I see city skyline all the time. So it’s just a matter of mood and how you interpret it. Hope my card is cheerful to you. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Card Details

1. Apply die inks over stencil on a card panel.

2. Stamp sunglasses in black on card panel and Masking Paper, respectively. Cut out the glass lens part from Masking Paper. Apply blue die inks on the glass lens part using Masking Technique.

3. Stamp city skyline on card panel and die cut the image.

4. Die cut stitched-rectangle frame from stenciled panel. Stamp sentiment in black and heat emboss. Assemble the card as shown.


I'm also entering this card to the following challenges:
     

I skipped the folk art part and was simply inspired by the color scheme and the theme- Travel.




6 comments:

  1. Such a fun set! Love the city reflection in them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS card! Love the background stencil and what a cool stamp set. So fun that you can add a reflection in the glasses. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create's July, "Anything Goes with a Twist/Black & White" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great travel make - thanks for joining our challenge at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beatiful! Thanks for joining in on our challenge over at A Perfect Time To Craft. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever design, Helen! Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...